10 Facts will make you Boycott UAE
Oct 09 2017
- The UAE has no democratically elected institutions and citizens do not have the right to change their government or to form political parties.
- UAE citizens and foreign nationals are exposed to forced disappearances for expressing any anti-Government views.
- Thousands have been abducted by the UAE government and illegally detained and tortured in unknown locations over the past few years.
- Hundreds of others were tortured in custody especially expats and their political dissidents.
- Suspects are not granted any trial for years. They spend long years in “administrative detention:”
- Floggingand stoning are legal forms of judicial punishment in the UAE due to Sharia courts.
- Media is censored by UAE Gov. with Zero tolerance towards press and journalists.
- Freedom of associationand freedom of religion are also curtailed.
- UAE is not a signatory to most international human-rights laws and labor-rights treaties.
- UAE is a hub of human trafficking, modern slavery, migrant workers abuse & money laundering.