UAE Modern-Day Slavery…2
UAE Modern-Day Slavery…
More Reasons to Boycott UAE
Did you know?
The working conditions of migrant workers in UAE alike old-day slavery; where they are:
- deprived of decent salaries close to the minimum wage.
- deprived of their full weekends breaks.
- work long hours reaching 15 hours per day without overtime payment.
- abused at the workplace and not offered enough nutritious meals.
- left with no suitable housing accommodation. For example, 15 workers share a small room sized 4m x 5m
- exposed to sexual harassment and physical abuse at some occasions.
- not entitled to sufficient appropriate annual/sick leave
- are not allowed to travel to see their beloved ones as their employers keep their passports!
UAE Federal National Council (FNC) September 2017 law has failed in tackling these abuses